International Co-Wreck Soccer League - At a Glance
|Type of league||We are a co-ed, over 30's, just-for-fun league.|
|Season(s) played||All Seasons (we play year round)|
|Day(s) of the week games are played||League games played Friday nights.
Scrimmages played Sunday afternoons/evenings.
|Types of fields||Games played exclusively on field turf fields.|
|Location of games||Eastside, primarily in Redmond, WA, and sometimes in Bellevue, WA.|
|League Affiliations||Affiliated with Washington State Soccer Association (WSSA).
ICWSL Players must hold a valid WSSA card to participate in league play.
|Other info||We are a not-for-profit league run by volunteers.
For more information about ICWSL, review our
Code of Conduct and League Rules
Have a team and want to join our league?
The ICWSL welcomes new teams to the league. Before registering your team, please be sure it meets the following criteria:
- Each player on your roster must be 30 years old or older to play in the ICWSL.
- You need a minimum of 11 players on your roster to register a team, five of which should be women. This is because there will be no more than five men or women as field players at one time. With approval of opposing team manager, the 5 man or woman rule can be waived. The goalkeeper may be either gender.
- Each player must have a current WSSA player registration card.
- All participating teams and players are expected to emphasize good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- If your team wants to join this league only to win, you're joining the wrong league!! We’re here for fun, friendly competition and camaraderie and to teach new players to play the game – the essence of playing in the spirit of the game.
Want to register a team for the Fall 2013 session? Registration deadline is August 2, 2013.
Want to play in our league but you are not part of a team?
If you are over 30 and looking for a friendly atmosphere to play just-for-fun soccer, then the ICWSL is for you. There are several routes you might choose to locate a team to join in the ICWSL:
- The Sunday scrimmage is a great place to meet players from a variety of ICWSL teams. The scrimmage is open to all interested players, 18 or older, whether or not you have a WSSA players card. (Keep in mind that if you want to join an ICWSL team, you must be over 30 and obtain a current WSSA card.)
- Existing ICWSL teams are often in need of finding players. Contact the managers of the ICWSL teams to see if they are looking for new players.
- E-mail the ICWSL webmaster to post an ad on our site with your interest in finding a team.
Want to learn to play soccer?
If you are new to the game, the Sunday scrimmage is a good opportunity to learn and practice your soccer skills in a friendly, no-pressure environment.
Cost is $8.00 per person to cover field rental. Just drop in and join in the fun.
Why play soccer?
Let's face it, for many of us, exercise is a dirty word, and at our age is a dreary, daunting necessity to maintain our good health. Soccer is terrific exercise, but you will be having so much fun that you will not notice how hard you are working. So, skip the gym, lose the weight, have more fun, and burn it like Beckham!