ICWSL League Rules
All participating teams and players are expected to emphasize good sportsmanship, teamwork, and soccer skills - the essence of playing in the spirit of the game. Unsportsmanlike conduct, verbal or physical assault, rough or dangerous play will not be tolerated and should be reported immediately in writing to ICWSL.
The ICWSL will observe FIFA rules except for the following:
- There will be no more than five men or women as field players at one time. The goalkeeper may be either gender. With approval of opposing team manager, the 5 man or woman rule can be waived (especially helpful when a team is extremely short on players of one gender). Insure the referee understands both teams agree.
- No slide tackles are allowed. Even if contact is made only with the ball, players must remain on their feet. All slide tackles will be cause for a CAUTION (yellow card). In this league, slide tackles are considered Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
- No metal cleats are allowed.
- No aggressive power kicks or aggressive charges meant to intimidate are allowed. An award of a direct kick will be given in these situations. (This is a judgement call by the referee to protect players from plays that could cause hazardous situations.)
- Goalkeepers in any attempt to control the ball with hands will be protected. Any aggressive charge toward the keeper will be grounds for a foul. (Referees: the protection of goalkeepers from injury is the primary determining factor.)
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed and players may re-enter the game. Either team may substitute on any dead ball.
- Each player must have a current WSSA player registration card.
- Tie games will not be broken.
Team and Game Policies
- Team Rosters: To Register a team with the ICWSL, all players on a roster must be at least 30 years old and carry a current WSSA card. The roster will have a minimum of eleven (11) players.
- At games, in the event of a duplication of jersey colors, the home team is responsible for changing to another color when a conflict arises.
- Seven (7) players must be present to start a game. At 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, the referee can call the game if either or both teams do not have enough players to field a team.
- Games will consist of two 45 minutes halves with a 10 minute intermission.
- Each player must wear protective shinguards covered by socks (per FIFA).
- All participants must adhere to the ICWSL Participant Code of Conduct.
- Game Forfeitures. As a league, we strongly discourage forfeitures. If your team does not have enough players to field a team (a minimum of 7), but the opposing team has enough, then both teams should go to the game with whatever number of players are available, divide up the players to form teams, and play the game. Managers of both teams should keep each other informed about this possibility in the week leading up to the game.
There is a monetary penalty for forfeitures. If forfeiture is ultimately decided upon, the forfeiting team will be billed 10% of the session fee (assuming a 10 game session). This amount will be credited to the team that is being shorted a game. Games will not be rescheduled. The manager of the forfeiting team should inform the opposing team manager, as well as the league, so that the referee for the forfeited game can be cancelled. To inform the league, e-mail email@example.com.
Caution and Red Card Policies
- If a player receives three (3) cautions during the season, the third caution will result in suspension for that player for the next scheduled game.
- If a player received a red card for persistent infraction or foul and abusive language, they will receive a minimum of a 1 week suspension. A player receiving a red card for violent conduct will received a minimum of 3 weeks suspension up to ejection from the League and/or a $25.00 fine payable to the ICWSL.
- If a player receives two (2) ejections during the League year, they will be suspended for the remainder of the year.
- All confiscated player cards must be delivered to a league officer of the ICWSL within 48 hours.
This league does not allow game protests.